THE 17TH REGIS CLASSIC TOUR
4 – 6 APRIL 2014 “The Hidden England Tour”
only a few places remain unreserved
The annual 17th running of this very popular charity classic car tour takes place just before Easter next year, again, very generously sponsored by William Frost of Frost Cars Ltd for the seventh year. www.frosts4cars.co.uk
Over the previous 16 years in excess of £410,000.00 has been raised for cancer charities. For 2014 the team are again raising cash for Against Breast Cancer & Orchid – Fighting Male Cancer. This year’s total after Gift Aid is £45,047.86.
The ladies of Bognor Regis Motor Club Ltd have chosen the 4 star Belton Woods near Grantham, Lincolnshire. www.deverehotels.co.uk/hotel-lodges/locations/belton-woods. The hotel offers comfortable rooms and great hospitality, plus extensive leisure facilities and large off road car park.
Due to the popularity of the tour there are already 58 reservations for the 70 available places, so if you wish to join in the fun and fundraising and own a classic car registered before 31st December 1979, although they will consider later moden classics, log onto www.theregisclassictour.co.uk and download a flyer.
- Friday night, registration between 18.00 – 20.00 followed by three course buffet dinner and live music from the Sleaford Ukulele Orchestra www.sleafordukuleleorchestra.co.uk
- Saturday morning English breakfast
- Morning coffee and cake at Lincs Aviation Heritage Centre to see progress with the restoration of Lancaster “Just Jane” www.lincsaviation.co.uk
- Light lunch halt and optional brewery tour of Batemans Brewery www.bateman.co.uk or Magdalen College Museum www.wainsfleet.info
- Afternoon tea halt at The Bubble Car Museum www.bubblecarmuseum.co.uk
- Visit to Heckington 8 Sail Windmill www.heckingtonwindmill.org.uk and Heckington Station Museum
- Evening Gala Dinner, Grand Tombola and Auction hosted by Rob Hunt
- Sunday English breakfast
- Morning coffee halt at Pipewell Hall www.pipewellhall.com
- Visit to Warner Edwards Gin Distillery as featured on BBC Country File www.warneredwards.com
- Hot Farewell buffet at Uppingham School www.uppingham.co.uk
- Comprehensive, easy to follow, Tulip Roadbook
- Rigid Rally plate
- Commemorative Gift
- Mounted photograph of your car en-route
- The services of an extremely experienced team of volunteer marshals to ensure your weekend is a joy
- All meals mentioned above, Entry fees, toll fees and any parking charges are all included in the very reasonable entry fee of £350 per person sharing a twin/double en-suite room. Hotel upgrades are available at a supplement.
The event is run by a team of voluntary lady marshals ably assisted by their menfolk. Each year the aim of the tour is to visit and explore a different area of the country, enjoy local food and drink and celebrate what is unique and special in that area. Once this is achieved the idea is to raise as much money for charity whilst enjoying a great fun, social weekend with like-minded folk and their cherished classic cars. The format must work, as repeat bookings are the norm with many previous tourists bringing friends on their second visit. In fact, there are several crews who have done upwards of nine of the sixteen previous tours.
For the previous 6 years an additional experience has been planned for the Sunday evening for those wishing to extend their weekend in the chosen area. For 2014 the plan is to include a coach trip to Woodhall Spa for a Lincolnshire sausage and mash supper then onto Kinema in the Woods www.kinemainthewoods.co.uk where some rare historic Shell Motorsport films will be shown, this should be around £30 per person for coach, supper, hire of Kinema in the Woods and films. Discounted accommodation rates are available at Belton Woods Hotel for Thursday and Sunday evening at £75.00 per room Bed & Breakfast – Single or Double occupancy.
As the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight is only a few miles from the hotel and the whole tour is too large to be accommodated there at one time, we hope to have timed slots for Monday morning, so those staying over will have the opportunity to visit while in the area if they pre-book through the tour.
Saturday Evening’s Auction is always a highlight, with Rob Hunt presiding it will hopefully raise a good sum of money. Already there are some wonderful lots on offer:
- Alfredo de la Maria framed limited edition print, signed by Sir Stirling Moss, donated by Autosports Galley www.autosports-gallery.com and framed at cost by Frame Base
- One week’s use of John & Sarah Harmer’s cottage in Tideswell, Derbyshire sleeps 6
- Carcoon donated by Howard Peters (bought a few years ago but never used)
- Neale Thomas original Charcoal and white gouache study for a painting titled “Concentration 2013” www.nealethomas-retroracingcar-paintings.com
- One week’s use of June & Michael Wildgoose’s Park Home near Praa Sands, Cornwall, sleeps 4.
- An overnight stay at Puckrup Hall Hotel in Tewkesbury
- Cook & Dine Experience at The Bistro at Haguelands Village donated by Ruth Denzey www.thebistro-kent.co.uk
- Two beautiful framed prints of a vintage Alfa and Bentley drawn by Roger Fountain
- Alfredo de la Maria framed limited edition print, donated by Autosports Galley www.autosports-gallery.com and framed at cost by Frame Base
- Technical Centre Tour for 2 of the Lotus F1 Team at Enstone Headquarters. www.lotusf1team.com
- Compact and lightweight Eagle Creek luggage set ideal for classic cars. www.hillsalive.co.uk
Interesting additional lots are always welcome, especially for those money can’t buy lots!
There will be more opportunities to purchase some special items via Rob Hunt’s Taster Auction that precedes the main event and also in our Secret Auction.
In addition there will be a tombola with some wonderful gifts with envelopes being sold during the pre-dinner drinks reception and already items include Morris Lubricants, books, wine etc.
To reserve your place go to the website and download a flyer, then print it off and return it with your deposit cheque. Every penny raised goes to our two chosen charities. So if you want to enjoy your classic car and do some good for others while having a great time, don’t delay.
For more information contact Ali Green 01243 542674 or email email@example.com.Photos are available via www.edpphoto.com the official photographers for the tour.