THE 17TH REGIS CLASSIC TOUR
4 – 6 APRIL 2014
“Discovering the Hidden Treasures of the East Midlands”
The Ladies of Bognor Regis Motor Club have another fantastic itinerary of interesting places to visit over the weekend of their 17th Regis Classic Tour for charity.
There is already a spectacular entry of cars from the 1920’s including Rolls-Royce, Bentley, Ford, Allard, Austin Healey, Jaguar, MG & Triumph through to more modern but rare vehicles like a Saab Sonnett. The entries have again come from all over the UK to help raise funds for Against Breast Cancer & Orchid – Fighting Male Cancer.
This year’s tour is based at Belton Woods Hotel near Grantham and will explore Lincolnshire, Leicestershire, Rutland and Northampton over the weekend. This is an area ripe to be explored with many hidden treasures, great local food and drink and fantastic hospitality.
- Friday night, registration between 18.00 – 20.00 followed by three course buffet dinner and live music from the Sleaford Ukulele Orchestra www.sleafordukuleleorchestra.co.uk
- Saturday morning English breakfast
- Morning coffee and cake at Lincs Aviation Heritage Centre to see progress with the restoration of Lancaster “Just Jane” www.lincsaviation.co.uk
- Light lunch halt and optional brewery tour of Batemans Brewery www.bateman.co.uk or Magdalen College Museum www.wainsfleet.info
- Afternoon tea halt at The Bubble Car Museum www.bubblecarmuseum.co.uk
- Visit to Heckington 8 Sail Windmill www.heckingtonwindmill.org.uk
and Heckington Station Museum
- Evening Gala Dinner, Grand Tombola and Auction hosted by Rob Hunt
- Sunday English breakfast
- Morning coffee halt at Pipewell Hall www.pipewellhall.com
- Visit to Warner Edwards Gin Distillery as featured on BBC Country File www.warneredwards.com
- Hot Farewell buffet at Uppingham School www.uppingham.co.uk
The event is run by a team of voluntary lady marshals ably assisted by their menfolk. Each year the aim of the tour is to visit and explore a different area of the country, enjoy local food and drink and celebrate what is unique and special in that area. Once this is achieved the idea is to raise as much money for charity whilst enjoying a great fun, social weekend with like-minded folk and their cherished classic cars. The format must work, as repeat bookings are the norm with many previous tourists bringing friends on their second visit. In fact, there are several crews who have done upwards of nine of the sixteen previous tours.
For the previous 6 years an additional experience has been planned for the Sunday evening for those wishing to extend their weekend in the chosen area. For 2014 the plan is to include a coach trip to Woodhall Spa for a Lincolnshire sausage and mash supper then onto Kinema in the Woods www.kinemainthewoods.co.uk where some rare historic Shell Motorsport films will be shown. These are the four films: The Belgian Grand Prix 1955 featuring the Auto Unions, 1953 Mille Miglia, 21st Monte Carlo Rally, History of Motor Racing Titans 1930 - 1939.
As the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight is only a few miles from the hotel and the whole tour is too large to be accommodated there at one time, we have timed slots for Monday morning, so those staying over will have the opportunity to visit while in the area if they pre-book through the tour.
Saturday Evening’s Auction is always a highlight, with Rob Hunt presiding it will hopefully raise a good sum of money. Already there are some wonderful lots on offer:
- Alfredo de la Maria framed limited edition print, signed by Sir Stirling Moss, donated by Autosports Galley www.autosports-gallery.com and framed at cost by Frame Base
- One week’s use of John & Sarah Harmer’s cottage in Tideswell, Derbyshire sleeps 6
- Carcoon donated by Howard Peters (bought a few years ago but never used)
- Neale Thomas original Charcoal and white gouache study for a painting titled
- One week’s use of June & Michael Wildgoose’s Lodge Home at Praa Sands, Cornwall, sleeps 4.
- Two beautiful framed prints of a vintage Alfa and Bentley drawn by Roger Fountain
- Technical Centre Tour for 2 of the Lotus F1 Team at Enstone Headquarters. www.lotusf1team.com
- An original water colour of a Healey Silverstone by renown Devon artist Ian Hudson
- Entry for 2 on “The 6th Credit Crunch Tour” run by Country Lane Tours in Shropshire www.countrylanetours.co.uk
- Garage Print by Julia Bickham entitled “Where’s the Spanner” www.juliabickham.co.uk
- 2 Business Premier Eurostar Return Tickets to Paris, Brussels or Lille
Donated by Andy Doherty
- Compact and lightweight Eagle Creek luggage set ideal for classic cars.
Interesting additional lots are always welcome, especially for those money can’t buy lots!
For anyone not attending the tour who wishes to make a telephone bid for an item in the Auction please call 07803 604453 before 18.00 on Friday evening.
There will be more opportunities to purchase some special items via Rob Hunt’s Taster Auction that precedes the main event and also in our Secret Auction.
In addition there will be a tombola with some wonderful gifts with envelopes being sold during the pre-dinner drinks reception and already items include Morris Lubricants, Castrol Classic Oils, Hampers, signed books, wine, tickets to museums, tickets to The Morgan Factory, Atomic Festival, Donnington Historic Festival, Pistons & Props at Sywell Airfield, Metal plaques, Car care kits, cuddly toys and much more.
For more information contact Ali Green 01243 542674 or email email@example.com.Photos are available via www.edpphoto.com the official photographers for the tour.